Quartz countertops provide a great alternative to granite, and they can enhance the look of any home or business! Quartz is not obtained directly from the earth, as is a slab of granite. Quartz is manufactured and can be made in a wide array of colors and patterns. Quartz countertops have many benefits that may not be available when choosing from granite options.
● Sealing Not Required – Quartz is a non-porous material, which means that it does not need the same sealing treatment that granite countertops need.
● Hidden Seams – Since quartz is manufactured, it does not have natural veins like granite. This means that the seams and joints are more easily hidden, leading to smoother looking countertops.
● More Affordable – Although it is possible to find cheap granite countertops, quartz countertops are more affordable than granite on average—and they look equally impressive.
● Easier Installation – Quartz is slightly more flexible than granite, which makes it easier to install than granite countertops.
● Better Sample Matching – Because quartz is manufactured, it will match the sample more accurately than granite. Granite is a naturally occurring slab taken directly from the earth, which means that there cannot be an exact match between the sample seen and the actual material used.
One of the few drawbacks to quartz countertops is discoloration. Quartz can discolor over time and if a part of the countertop is exposed to sunlight while another part is not, then a difference in color between the sections can appear. The ABQ Quartz & Granite team will help weigh the pros and cons when choosing between quartz and granite.
For a wide variety and affordable countertop installation, choose quartz countertop sales from ABQ Quartz & Granite in Albuquerque, NM.